Speaking of drones, many people will think of the DJI brand. It is true that DJI is currently the world’s leading enterprise in the field of civilian drones. There are many types of UAVs. Among them, the type that uses rotating blades to provide lift is the most widely used among civilian UAVs. Do you know how many types of drone blades are there? Do you know carbon fiber drone blades?
4 commonly used drone blades, from wood to carbon fiber.
1. Wooden propellers: Wooden propellers are the propeller materials that have been used since the invention of aircraft, whether it is an unmanned aerial vehicle or a manned aircraft. The advantages of wooden rotating blades are light weight, low cost, and convenient processing, but the manufacturing industry is more complicated, and the finished product is not high in precision and strength, and the vibration problem during flight is more obvious.
2. Plastic propeller: The plastic propeller blade is considered as an upgraded model, which is less difficult to process and lighter in weight. It can be integrated with equipment and has a lower processing cost. However, the fatal disadvantage is that the strength is too low, and the propeller is easily broken during flight. .
3. Glass fiber blades: Glass fiber was a very hot composite material 10 years ago. The glass fiber blades made of glass fiber blades are characterized by high mechanical strength and elastic coefficient, while the processing difficulty is not high, and the cost is low. The disadvantages are The brittleness is relatively large, and the abrasion resistance is not high.
4. Carbon fiber blades: Carbon fiber composite material is an upgraded glass fiber composite material, and its comprehensive performance is several grades higher. The advantages of making carbon fiber drone blades are light weight, high tensile strength, and good corrosion resistance. , It has a certain degree of anti-seismic ability. It is better to use and more durable than the previous types of blades. The disadvantage is that it is brittle, and it must be damaged and cannot be repaired. The processing is difficult and the production cost is relatively high.
Carbon fiber drone blades are also divided into thermoset and thermoplastic.
1. Thermoset carbon fiber UAV blades: Thermoset carbon fiber UAV blades are more common in industry-level UAVs. Its advantages are light weight, high tensile strength and friction resistance; the disadvantage is that the material is brittle material. It cannot be repaired and requires a hot press molding process, which has high energy consumption, long molding time, low efficiency, difficult processing, and high production cost.
2. Thermoplastic carbon fiber drone blades: Thermoplastic carbon fiber drone blades can be used in consumer-grade drones as well as industrial-grade drones, while maintaining the characteristics of both plastic and carbon fiber, and the price is moderate , And the ratio of plastic to carbon fiber can be controlled and adjusted, the mechanical strength is controllable, the dynamic balance is better than that of carbon fiber, the noise reduction effect is significant, the injection molding process is used, the processing is easy and the processing cost is low.
The fundamental difference between thermoset and thermoplastic carbon fiber UAV blades comes from the difference in resin materials. Thermoset resin is a category that is currently used more, but the future trend is thermoplastic resin. However, the processing of thermoplastic resins is more difficult. At the moment when the technology has not been greatly improved, the thermosetting is more in line with the actual production conditions.
Post time: Dec-27-2021